Hazeron Forums
2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Printable Version

+- Hazeron Forums (https://hazeron.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Shores of Hazeron (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update (/showthread.php?tid=2622)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - QuakeIV - 02-26-2022

If at all possible please provide some kind of free to play option, I will be paying but it will really kill player count if its p2p only.

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - asphere8 - 02-26-2022

I really wasn't expecting Hazeron to ever return! I will gladly be paying to help keep it running. Is it possible we will see something akin to the old designer return at some point in the future? The new one might be more technically capable than the old, but it's significantly less user-friendly and is probably the single biggest barrier to entry for new players. The old designer was the best selling point I had to recommend Hazeron to friends years ago!

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - resonkinetic - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 12:50 AM)Haxus Wrote: I restored the login database and set everyone's account to be active for 30 days starting March 1st.

[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-01_12.29.22_AM.png]

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Starhero - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 01:37 AM)asphere8 Wrote: I really wasn't expecting Hazeron to ever return! I will gladly be paying to help keep it running. Is it possible we will see something akin to the old designer return at some point in the future? The new one might be more technically capable than the old, but it's significantly less user-friendly and is probably the single biggest barrier to entry for new players. The old designer was the best selling point I had to recommend Hazeron to friends years ago!

I think the old designer would need a workup too tho...i really hated those supermaxxed ships with crap sticking out...

I think those that know the editor...the new one..you guys should try teaching the rest of the community.

The new editor gives the most versatile ship creation technique to any videogame.. Not even dual universe can get as detailed as what this game offers...you really should give the new editor a few days of really getting into it to see what's possible... I haven't played tho in a bit..even before the shutdown.

All in all, I think the community should help out those that are new and have a crapton of ...crap even...ships that are...easy to build..but don't offer much in looks and funtuniality..that way new players can just build/buy a ship...and it should be told to them that that is expected of them until the editor makes more sense to them. 

I personally don't see a universe where both editors co-exist...as the new ships are far far far better than the old ships even if you make them identical to them in most ways...its just how the calculations are done...

Correct me if i am wrong anyone...

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Greydog - 02-26-2022

The new Designer has a steep learning curve, and it's far from intuitive, but once you get it, it gets much easier. I recommend downloading blender 2.83 (latest stable build) and getting the 3ds addon to go with it.

As @Starhero said, "The new editor gives the most versatile ship creation technique to any videogame"

But unless we can upload our creations to the exchange it's all really kind of moot anyway ;) ( Exchange stopped accepting uploads since the migration)

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Celarious - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 02:33 AM)Starhero Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 01:37 AM)asphere8 Wrote: I really wasn't expecting Hazeron to ever return! I will gladly be paying to help keep it running. Is it possible we will see something akin to the old designer return at some point in the future? The new one might be more technically capable than the old, but it's significantly less user-friendly and is probably the single biggest barrier to entry for new players. The old designer was the best selling point I had to recommend Hazeron to friends years ago!
All in all, I think the community should help out those that are new and have a crapton of ...crap even...ships that are...easy to build..but don't offer much in looks and funtuniality..that way new players can just build/buy a ship...and it should be told to them that that is expected of them until the editor makes more sense to them. 

What, just tell people that they either have to learn a ridiculously overcomplicated designer (where you have to manually specify collision) or use other people's designs? Yeah great job, you've effectively destroyed player design freedom by making the designer inaccessible.

Also, for many players, the designer will *never* "make sense to them". Most people go into a game expecting a game, not a buggy CAD program where even the developer of the game mistakes the steps in his tutorial of creating a ship. I spent over 2 months trying to import some custom designs and converting them to ships, and I eventually decided it wasn't worth it. Jigs/voids/walk paths/turbolifts/texture wrapping/face manipulation all made it unbearable to use, and made each design take multiple days of effort to create.

The common community suggestion is to add a "simple mode" to the designer which people like me would use, where they wouldn't have to manually create everything like voids and doors

(02-26-2022, 02:33 AM)Starhero Wrote: I think the old designer would need a workup too tho...i really hated those supermaxxed ships with crap sticking out...

Idk how much you've played since the new designer but with it we instead get supermaxxed ships that are invisible and have interiors that make boarding impossible, along with min-maxed texture-less cubes or spheres. Much better, right?

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Teddy_Ben - 02-26-2022

Thank you :)

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Moghom - 02-26-2022

Hi Haxus, hi Community,

This X4 is still my favorite game. About the designer, I definitively support the new one. The oldest tool got me bored since the third design I made, and I have done dozens of them . Now we can encounter and confront unexpected starships that reflect various forms of mind, it's the game's spirit. Nethertheless, from my point of view, two concepts need to be simplified: roomvoids and turbolifts. At last, vehicle and item designing tools are required for the overall consistency. 
Thank you for your efforts Haxus, Hazeron is Fun !

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Rockinsince87 - 02-26-2022

(02-26-2022, 06:47 AM)Celarious Wrote: The common community suggestion is to add a "simple mode" to the designer which people like me would use, where they wouldn't have to manually create everything like voids and doors

I would love to see two modes in the designer. A simple mode like you said and the current mode. Let people chose their adventure. Or make the simple mode only for the interior where it's block style like the old designer and you have to work within the bounds of your design. 

There has to be a way to make it accessible to everyone.

RE: 2022-02-03 Server Status Update - Greydog - 02-26-2022

One thing we all have to remember is that this is only like v0.1.2 of this designer. Haxus has gotten it to a point where it works for what it needs to do. Polish will come ..he is only one person.