Hazeron Forums
Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Printable Version

+- Hazeron Forums (https://hazeron.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Shores of Hazeron (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Cantina (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? (/showthread.php?tid=2608)

Pages: 1 2

Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Andras - 11-09-2021

Been thinking about this game lately and wanted to give it a spin again (more specifically its singleplayer counterpart, Hazeron Starship), but don't know where to go.

I do know there were keys or such that Haxus gave out for Hazeron Starship so that players could keep playing it after closure, explaining how to get it in a thread. However, I can't seem to find it again and Haxus seems to be completely inactive nowadays which makes me think even that wouldn't work anyway.

And that's where my question comes in: Is there any way to get access to Hazeron Starship nowadays such as a download or is it a dead end by now?

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Deantwo - 11-09-2021

Haxus gave out some beta keys for Hazeron Starship back in february. Haxus just said to PM him on the forum and ask for a beta key. I am not sure anyone has been given a beta key since around that time, but Haxus never said or announced either.

Haxus has said that Hazeron Starship is on indefinite hiatus. But again this wasn't exactly announced anywhere, so there is no actual news article about it. (I should probably just write an update/status/news article myself when I have time some day.)

So right now the best I can say is that we are a few players on the Hazeron Discord server that have beta version of the game, and we can stream it I guess. Other than that there isn't much that can be done right now.

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - bd95cff0 - 11-09-2021

At that time, I contacted him very promptly via PM, unfortunately without a reply until now.

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Deantwo - 11-09-2021

(11-09-2021, 03:00 PM)bd95cff0 Wrote: At that time, I contacted him very promptly via PM, unfortunately without a reply until now.
Haxus never mentioned if there was any requirements or anything. But there are plenty of people that never got a reply.

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Andras - 11-10-2021

(11-09-2021, 02:27 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Haxus gave out some beta keys for Hazeron Starship back in february. Haxus just said to PM him on the forum and ask for a beta key. I am not sure anyone has been given a beta key since around that time, but Haxus never said or announced either.

Haxus has said that Hazeron Starship is on indefinite hiatus. But against this wasn't exactly announced anywhere, so there is no actual news article about it.

So right now the best I can say is that we are a few players on the Hazeron Discord server that have beta version of the game, and we can stream it I guess. Other than that there isn't much that can be done right now.

Unfortunately, I'm looking to go into the experience again myself rather than spectating. Guess I'll think of that as a dead end for now.

Thank you for answering though!

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Norm49 - 11-10-2021

Hi
you can try to send a e-mail to seiweb2@SoftwareEngineering.com i'm not 100% about the e-mail address. I don't know if it will work but you can give it a try.

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - GaelicVigil - 11-20-2021

I sent him a PM back in June asking for a Beta key.  Never got a response.

I've been playing Empyrion: Galactic Survival, but it just isn't the same.  Hazeron is the greatest space sandbox and I'm sad I can't play it anymore.   Sad

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Andras - 12-02-2021

(11-20-2021, 10:57 PM)GaelicVigil Wrote: I sent him a PM back in June asking for a Beta key.  Never got a response.

I've been playing Empyrion: Galactic Survival, but it just isn't the same.  Hazeron is the greatest space sandbox and I'm sad I can't play it anymore.   Sad

Took a look at Empyrion, it does seem quite interesting, though it reminds me a lot of No Man's Sky!
Doesn't seem like you can create your very own species or start at a caveman'ish state of evolution, haha.

For those who do have the game, I'd suppose the keys were Steam activation keys, right?

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - Deantwo - 12-02-2021

(12-02-2021, 08:49 AM)Andras Wrote: For those who do have the game, I'd suppose the keys were Steam activation keys, right?

Yes, the Hazeron Starship beta is through Steam. But the Steam store page is currently hidden, so you can't find it there.

RE: Any way to access Hazeron Starship? - GaelicVigil - 12-03-2021

(12-02-2021, 08:49 AM)Andras Wrote:
(11-20-2021, 10:57 PM)GaelicVigil Wrote: I sent him a PM back in June asking for a Beta key.  Never got a response.

Took a look at Empyrion, it does seem quite interesting, though it reminds me a lot of No Man's Sky!
Doesn't seem like you can create your very own species or start at a caveman'ish state of evolution, haha.

For those who do have the game, I'd suppose the keys were Steam activation keys, right?

Empyrion is a fun game, especially with Project Eden (or Reforged Eden) mod which just adds more variety.  There are tons of free blueprints as well - you can get it all on the Steam workshop.  Combat is pretty cool too.  However, unlike Hazeron, the universe is not 100% seamless in Empyrion, nor can you really build an empire.

I love Hazeron more for the immersion factor.  Going from a humble cave-man to massive empire with starships is just epic.  I love the way the solar systems are all realistically simulated and that you can dead-head from one system to the next.  Distances feel vast, getting from one end of the galaxy to the other is a long ordeal and a big feat.  There is just no game that even comes close to Hazeron in that regard.

I can sort of relate to Haxus though.  I am a full-time professional software developer and have been working on an online browser RPG as a hobby for several years, and it has had its fair share of players on it too (I'd rather not say what game it is).  I've had many players come to me and ask to release the source code or even sell it.  That's easier said then done.  When you're a one-man team and you've put so much work into your baby it's really hard to let it go.  That being said, my game is 100% browser-based so I can only self-publish and make money on a subscription (and deal with the massive headache of customer support and legal hurdles).  Hazeron is fortunate to be a standalone game, so Haxus could still monetize through Steam publishing and avoid a lot of the sub-based pitfalls.