Hazeron Forums
Avatars in Limbo don't protect their Land - Printable Version

+- Hazeron Forums (https://hazeron.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Shores of Hazeron (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+---- Forum: Closed Bug Reports (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: Avatars in Limbo don't protect their Land (/showthread.php?tid=2542)

Avatars in Limbo don't protect their Land - Deantwo - 01-03-2021

If an avatar is in limbo of some kind, all solar systems protected by their Land seems to stop being protected almost right away.

I don't know what kind of limbo this is. For example I haven't been able to login on Doppler Effect for a couple weeks, and all the solar systems he had on his Land have already decayed.

I have seen this happen a number of times to others.

RE: Avatars in Limbo don't protect their Land - Deantwo - 10-26-2022

This is still an issue. Especially happening a lot with the recent server crashes.

If the avatar is in limbo but their Land'ed solar systems aren't, those Land'ed solar systems aren't getting protection from abandonment/decay. If the solar system is also in limbo, it appears to not be affected.

Workaround:

Assign important solar systems to Land on multiple avatars.

Create a new avatar in your empire, add all important solar systems to its Land. Leave the avatar in the most important of the solar systems.

Ideally you would create an avatar for each important solar system, add the solar system to Land, and then leave the avatar in that solar system. This is the best way to protect against abandonment/decay, since if the avatar is in limbo, the solar system is also in limbo. Basically meaning that the avatar only doesn't protect its Land when the protection isn't needed because the solar system is in limbo.

RE: Avatars in Limbo don't protect their Land - Rockinsince87 - 10-27-2022

(10-26-2022, 01:02 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Assign important solar systems to Land on multiple avatars.

Yeah I tried that this time around since I got burned by this a while back big time. Unfortunately all the avatars went into limbo anyways and decay took place.

It seems you also need to spread your empire out a bit as well. Create outposts/resource hubs and overlap land assignments. 
Create a fault tolerant setup. Use all avatar slots regardless of need. Assign one or two of them your most critical systems and park them far away with the ability to refuel if they are on a ship and leave them. 

Base the other avatars at your outposts. Assign nearby systems to them and have a mirror land assignment or backup avatar and place them on the opposite side of the empire. Then create two major shipyards and instruct your brokers to ship items accordingly and a cross mesh pattern. It would be nice to keep the yards and outposts at least 3 sectors away form each other. 

So it would look like this:

(Shipyard 1)      (Shipyard 2)        (Outpost 1)            (Outpost 2)                       (Park 3-5 sectors away)
                                                 ((Ship to Yard 1))   ((Ship to yard 2))
Avatar 1           Avatar 2              Avatar 3                Avatar 4                            Avatar 5
A                     K                        A                           K                                    <Assign critical land>
B                     L                        B                           L 
C                     M                       C                           M
D                     N                       D                           N
E                     O                       E                           O
F                     P                        F                           P
G                    Q                        G                          Q
H                    R                        H                          R
I                     S                        I                           S
J                     T                       J                            T

Is this overkill? Yes, we know we should not have to do this but perhaps this can help?