Hazeron Forums
Patreon - Printable Version

+- Hazeron Forums (https://hazeron.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Shores of Hazeron (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Patreon (/showthread.php?tid=2396)

Pages: 1 2 3

Patreon - Haxus - 08-19-2020

People have suggested for years that I check out Patreon. I finally did. My new Patreon page is at www.patreon.com/hazeron; 'soh' was already taken.

People have also suggested for years that I make the game free to play and just take donations. That is essentially what Patreon is. Shores of Hazeron is free to play now but it still costs a lot of money to operate. Please consider becoming a patron. Any little bit you can chip in will help.

So far, the free to play part resulted in an immediate increase in the number of people playing. Let us hope the Patreon part works to generate some income so I can hire a minion.

You may find the upper tiers on my Patreon to be a little silly; I did. The Patreon documentation recommended creating some high cost tiers, for those who feel particularly generous. There is an old saying, "If you want to catch big fish, use big bait."

I produced a report of the time remaining on everybody's account, as of Friday the 14th when the game became free to play. I'll be sending email to anyone with more than a month of time remaining, to see if they would like a refund. Then, hopefully, they will spend that money on Patreon instead.

This may be the last thread created by me in this Updates section. The first most basic "benefit" of becoming a patron is receiving patron-only communications from the developer. From now on, I will use Patreon to post the changes in each new update, to fulfill that benefit. It will also communicate to patrons that I am industriously working on the project.

RE: Patreon - Falkenkopf - 08-19-2020

Hi Haxus,

thank you for stabilizing the ingame progress by changing the activation rules. Now an empire won't get lost because of a late pament and account deactivation. This will be very convincing and convenient for (new) players.

I understand your call for help and hope, you can aquire enough funds. I will get some background informations about patreon and join it, if it is a fair organization in my eyes.

The upper three levels are funny. I would have created this higher levels of membership, too. Maybe you could give some other/additional benefits to these supporters. I think only few companies will be interested to do product placement here. Although it would be interesting and funny to see that. Most patreons will be private persons, I assume. Maybe there could be some appreciation of them and their level of donations ingame, that would mention their names, like on street signs, or an obelisk or monument in the front yard of the capital building model. Maybe there could be a new morale building, like a museum or hall of fame, where they are mentioned or their empire achievements.

Maybe there could be the possibilities, that patreons can create vehicles, that become the default vehicles in the game. (A wider choice of vehicle models in the game will enrich it in general.)

I hope, this new way of supporting the game and your great work of the past 20 years will help to keep you on track and this unique game alive.

Greetings and good luck!
Falkenkopf aka Kratok T'ran

RE: Patreon - Haxus - 08-20-2020

I had to laugh at the 404 page at Patreon. Try going to https://www.patreon.com/bogus.

Why the space theme when all the rest of Patreon is blah blank white? Is that Deantwo drifting in space?

RE: Patreon - jakbruce2012 - 08-20-2020

It totally is!  Maybe this is a sign of things to come?

RE: Patreon - OnePercent - 08-20-2020

It was meant to be Haxus.

By the way }{axus, be sure to place your Patreon on the hazeron.com page

RE: Patreon - Deantwo - 08-20-2020

(08-20-2020, 12:32 AM)Haxus Wrote: I had to laugh at the 404 page at Patreon. Try going to https://www.patreon.com/bogus.

Why the space theme when all the rest of Patreon is blah blank white? Is that Deantwo drifting in space?

[Image: 2020-08-20_18_23_09-Window.png]

Oh gosh yes that is adorable! XD

And I guess I am the only space fox around here. Just not that fluffy, hehe.

Hah, how about the word "Patreon" at the same font size as the P? it's hard to see  :D (1440P monitor here)

[Image: uCJc087.png]

RE: Patreon - Deantwo - 08-20-2020

(08-19-2020, 10:21 PM)Haxus Wrote: This may be the last thread created by me in this Updates section. The first most basic "benefit" of becoming a patron is receiving patron-only communications from the developer. From now on, I will use Patreon to post the changes in each new update, to fulfill that benefit. It will also communicate to patrons that I am industriously working on the project.

I am not sure I like the idea about making update threads only visible to patrons. That would make it kinda weird and people that aren't patrons won't have any clue about what is happening.

Having open communication like there has always been here on the forum will allow future potential patrons to see that there are still updates happening.
Maybe it is a good idea to post updates both places, even if it is more management and kinda splits the discussion. Could just post it as as a link to the update thread here on the forum.
I would suggest updates to be public on Patreon too, so again future potential patrons can see what they are going to be supporting.

What you then would be posting for patrons-only I don't know.

Could maybe integrate the forum with Patreon, adding a little badge or something to people that are supporters.
We have been discussing if it is possible to do it on the Discord server too. But I don't know much about it yet. I am totally new to Patreon too.

(08-20-2020, 04:41 PM)Deantwo Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 10:21 PM)Haxus Wrote: This may be the last thread created by me in this Updates section. The first most basic "benefit" of becoming a patron is receiving patron-only communications from the developer. From now on, I will use Patreon to post the changes in each new update, to fulfill that benefit. It will also communicate to patrons that I am industriously working on the project.

Could maybe integrate the forum with Patreon, adding a little badge or something to people that are supporters.
We have been discussing if it is possible to do it on the Discord server too. But I don't know much about it yet. I am totally new to Patreon too.

This, plus integration with Discord would be good for a discord patron badge too.

RE: Patreon - jakbruce2012 - 08-21-2020

Maybe post updates here read only, and allow discussion/complaints only on the Patreon?