Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Loudspeakers
It might be difficult to add, but some way to play sound clips from spacecraft would add some atmosphere to the game. Maybe this could be done in a similar way to picture frames?
Thumbs Up 
Oh man this would be awesome. Some situational ambiance with custom effects stored with the design, or some emitters for standard sounds like engines. (engines play from the service panel currently)

This has my vote.
Getting factories to emit industrial grinding or dock sounds at the wharf would add so much to the game! So would hearing various sounds inside and near ships As Mortius says, allow the audio quality to be chosen by the client, or disabled? Also have limited slots and sizes, as for textures.

The silence is the NUMBER ONE immersion breaking factor in Hazeron, for me, especially at cities. Changing that before Steam will add volumes to the experience. Also allows me to buzz newbies with live EWTN and the Fulton Sheen show.
A good way of regulating such a system might be to have an approved set of default sounds for various buildings, rooms or loudspeaker types, and letting the client choose if it wants to hear the custom files or only the default ones.