Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Manually Running Manufacturing Line Adds Too Many Workers
When manually running a manufacturing line at a factory it seems to add service jobs to the worker pool, this causes it to exceed the number of workshops assigned to the manufacturing line.

So if not enough materials were fetched, the next tick that citizens attempt to run it, the fetched materials might exceed the needed amount.

This is not a major issue, but it is very confusing and can be annoying when dealing with resources that are in short supply.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Upon clicking an active smelter with 23 max shops, the workers goes up to 64 for some odd reason.

[Image: ShP2UBc.gif]
More info: happens on my building named "Generic Industry", which has: 23 manufacturing jobs, 40 service jobs. = 63, +1 (me working).
Also: dont think I can delete the post and move stuff over with another poster on here.
Workers are using workshops that are meant to be closed, causing two problems: bad distribution of workers, concentrating on tasks you are trying to deprioritize, and processes requiring heaps of materials before they can run at all, when you intended them to produce much smaller quantities. Quite an important one  :) !

[Image: yvjlnBx.png]
Did you manually run the manufacturing process?
There is still a bug where if you manually run a manufacturing process, it will add citizens working service jobs to the manufacturing line.
This can also make it exceed the rock limit at a mine or well.
There's a couple things going on here, so I apologize if I'm mixing up the effects of more than one bug.

First, I have 72% unemployment (46,780 pop with 13,197 jobs).  That's fine, I'm scaling up manufacturing to counter. 

But, I have workshops that are completely idle:
[Image: sOOI4nD.png]

Despite the morale penalty, overall morale is positive at +5.  Is there a reason why people won't work the jobs?

But it gets weirder.  If I bump a workshop to the top of the list (it still has zero workers) then click run, suddenly I have more workers than workshops. And I don't just mean for that production line, I mean for the building. I can repeat this, gaining two more workers each time:
[Image: ZDnajz4.png]

So two bugs:
1. Even when workers are available they won't fill workshops
2. Manually running a production line assigns too many workers when the first bug is in effect
(05-21-2022, 05:08 AM)bonusmop Wrote: I have workshops that are completely idle:
[x]

Despite the morale penalty, overall morale is positive at +5.  Is there a reason why people won't work the jobs?

You have each manufacturing line set to have "Limit 1", that means the citizens won't run that manufacturing line if the amount of product in the building's inventory exceeds the limit.

Change the "Stock Limit" of each manufacturing line to "0". Then citizens should start working the manufacturing lines again.

See also: hazeron.com/wiki/Manufacturing

(05-21-2022, 05:08 AM)bonusmop Wrote: If I bump a workshop to the top of the list (it still has zero workers) then click run, suddenly I have more workers than workshops. And I don't just mean for that production line, I mean for the building. I can repeat this, gaining two more workers each time:
[x]

It is a known issue that when a manufacturing line is manually run, it will add citizens from the building's service jobs to the manufacturing line.

Merging this thread with duplicate bug report.
(05-21-2022, 07:37 AM)Deantwo Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 05:08 AM)bonusmop Wrote: Despite the morale penalty, overall morale is positive at +5.  Is there a reason why people won't work the jobs?

You have each manufacturing line set to have "Limit 1", that means the citizens won't run that manufacturing line if the amount of product in the building's inventory exceeds the limit.

Change the "Stock Limit" of each manufacturing line to "0". Then citizens should start working the manufacturing lines again.

See also: hazeron.com/wiki/Manufacturing

Oh wow!  Bug is in the user not the game.  I hadn't even noticed that, but thanks for catching it and for matching the second problem up with this thread.