Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical Power Simplification
Original post: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?t...248#pid248

I would love to see electricity behave differently from normal commodities.
Have power plants produce a static amount of power based on job amount per tick. Then have static power consumption be subtracted and use the remaining output to recharge batteries in power plants and military installations. If not enough static power is produced, drain some from power plant batteries.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
That would complicate processing part. But I'm not sure it would effectively change anything.
It would allow for better management of electricity.

For example a power plant will fetch whatever materials it needs for fuel (if any), when it is set to employ a citizen it will consume a little the materials at whatever interval and make an amount of electricity. Calculate amount of buildings connected via road to the power plant that need electricity and subtract it. Then fill up capacitors as normal.

So yeah, not a huge change. But will help with easier to understand power readout.
Can also change power plant production processes to produce a more constant source, rather than the current system where the nuclear power plant creates a large load of power at every process cycle but most might be lost because of insufficient capacitor storage.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
i would rather see a power hub where i can set where what power goes where
That would be a different game, but may be in the futureā€¦