Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No "Orbit Best Planet"
Not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but I can't find "Orbit Best Planet" in the order list anymore.

It is a useful order,so a pity it's missing. Example: you're sending your ship a long way to coordinates, or using the mission transmitter. You're not offered a choice of actual planets for it to orbit. When the ship arrives, you want it to enter the system and start refueling, from any available source, rather than sitting at the boundary. So you use "Orbit Best." You don't have any way to do that now, I believe.
Also would be nice with a "Orbit over closest city" or "Orbit over biggest city".
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Empty "orbit city" will orbit t the closest city.
(09-20-2018, 07:14 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Empty "orbit city" will orbit t the closest city.

Really? I did not know that.
The "best" orders were removed some time ago because there was no real definition of what the best was.

How about an orbit closest world order?

Or how about orbit world with best hydrogen; you pick the natural resource.
That would imply magical knowledge of the system, or require ship to have sufficient sensor capacity.
I wote for a new mission building UI, where it makes clear that you can orbit things without explicit specification.
I restored the Orbit Best Planet order to the mission order widget.
I'm not sure such knowledge would be "magical". If the ship has sensors, the crew conducts a limited search for whatever you've specified. Since the search is limited, not general, it does not amount to a system survey. If the ships doesn't have sensors, perhaps the order should not be possible/effective.

I think that's a good idea, Haxus. It's true a definable order would make more sense than "best".
(09-25-2018, 04:44 PM)Vectorus Wrote: I think that's a good idea, Haxus. It's true a definable order would make more sense than "best".

As far as I remember "best planet" is just the most habitable world in the system.
For example a habitable world or inner world.

The information about what worlds are in a system and their orbit zone is easily found using a navigation console.

Not sure how much more definable you can get with that information.
It was, in order: a world with most advanced repairshop, or populated, or habitable, or just any planet.
It was always failed in systems with only stars.