Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedicated server?

Oh man... I am really missing myltiplayer function in Hazeron.

I am willing to host a dedicated server, even if it would require a small player count to work.

Is there any hope of a dedicated server program being built?

Would be great to be able to host a few sectors and an arena space for pvp testing of spacecraft designs.  Perhaps using something like Ark's cluster system to allow multiple servers to mesh together and download ships and players and items to download between them.

I am finding it difficult to find any creative motivation in an isolated system.

(05-04-2023, 06:21 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Oh man... I am really missing myltiplayer function in Hazeron.

I am willing to host a dedicated server, even if it would require a small player count to work.

Is there any hope of a dedicated server program being built?

Would be great to be able to host a few sectors and an arena space for pvp testing of spacecraft designs.  Perhaps using something like Ark's cluster system to allow multiple servers to mesh together and download ships and players and items to download between them.

I am finding it difficult to find any creative motivation in an isolated system.

I'm really looking forward to this too. 

Yes, It "can" be done. In many cases it might be a bit easier to pull off. 

For self hosted, you don't need clustered servers and clustered database operations. Multithreading, and garbage collection vital to efficiently use resources. 
Allow hosts to customize the galaxy size and number of galaxies and your golden! Optimizations here and there can further improve things.

The bulk of the code is there so it's very possible, it's just going to be a bit of work to pull off.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]