Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intra system trade ship
After I post this message in a other tread, we come to the conclusion that we should have a thread to to discuss it.

Norm49 Quote

Quote:It would be nice if we can have junior officer on planet that can command intra system unarmed cargo ship and that how stuff would be move to other planet in the same system,no more magic interplanetary ware teleportation. It would fit your problem and open new game play. It would now be possible to blockade a planet. New type of warfare, wars of attrition trying to force a planet to surrender (morale drop so the city rebel an become a city form a NPC pirate empire).

I fit strange that resource are transfer by magic to a other planet. We could have a new tab in the broker and create a transfer form there and we could assign let say 3 or 5 ship maximum to that system trade.The ship will then find a transfer like the one we currently have with the broker. Ship would be pilot by a junior officer produce by the a broker and a university. The ship will need to respect certain restriction, this could perhaps be set in the disinger and then the broker only have to check the type of ship. (example we now have star ship, submersible spacecraft... we cloud now have a category call small cargo or intra-system cargo)

1. No weaponry or military personal (it is a civilian ship after all)
2. Size limitation (I don't know much about the new disinger so I can't give you a number)
3. No FTL or Warp capability

Those condition are the prevent exploit of having a big fleet of ship with out normal officer defending or attacking a system.
Sounds like it would add too much complexity where it isn't needed.

A lot of Hazeron is simplified. You don't have citizens carrying commodities between buildings in a city either.

If you want less magic, I would rather want to just see fake shuttles flying between airports of a solar system.
They in theory only have to appear while you are near an airport or in orbit over one. Have them fly in and land, then take off again and fly towards another planet.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
But what you are proposing we wont have the ability to blockade a planet which could be a interesting game-play.
(02-06-2020, 07:49 AM)Norm49 Wrote: But what you are proposing we wont have the ability to blockade a planet which could be a interesting game-play.

Blockading a world doesn't require complicated intra-system trading. It could be done as simple as making buildings unable to fetch from buildings on other worlds, and vice versa, if there is an enemy spacecraft in orbit (with a posture that isn't hold fire).
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
IF blockading is the only goal looking to be gained from a trade ship we could instead have a new order to "Station Above City". For Friendly cities, the ship ordered would attempt to act as a station, or would park near a station and refill fuel if fuel is supplied(as with fleet ships). Above enemy cities they would give the city a negative moral penalty(Blockaded) and would block trade from the city at a cost of ammunition that would be used for firing weapons. This not only give a server friendly means to blockade planets(Visual and audio affects could be ran desynced from server on client, while the server just does lite checks rather than track actual trade-ships), but also opens up possibilities for further developing the "Station above city" order (Could add a "Station Gravity/Rocket Drive" modual that is required for stationing above cities, could make ships specialized in creating a quick station to open trade to colonies).

I'm sorry if "Station Ship Above City" should have been a separate thread...
We are the Dreadknought Conspiracy. Please discard all further questions.
(02-06-2020, 07:55 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Blockading a world doesn't require complicated intra-system trading. It could be done as simple as making buildings unable to fetch from buildings on other worlds, and vice versa, if there is an enemy spacecraft in orbit (with a posture that isn't hold fire).

Ok this could be a solution. It remove some deep since we can't see the ship and track them down but it will be better then what we currently have.