Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vehicle Rubber Banding and Weirdness
When you exit or power off a vehicle, it will rubber band back a ways.

The building window also feels extremely slow and sluggish to update/respond while in a vehicle.

This includes while in the helm station of a spacecraft over a building site.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I built a helicopter at an aircraft factory and flew another town on my homeworld. After flying for a few minutes my helicopter was suddenly teleported to the airport that was next to the aircraft factory I left from.

I am guessing that the airport somehow fetched the helicopter while I was flying it?

I turned the engine on and off, which didn't react right away for some reason.

Then suddenly my helicopter was on another planet's airport, an inferno world even. I assume that the helicopter was somehow fetched again, to this airport now.

I don't know if all this is a side-effect of the vehicle lag. Maybe the server doesn't know that the vehicle isn't "new" anymore, or that it wasn't still at the aircraft factory. Since I wouldn't except an airport to fetch a non-"new" vehicle, and even less fetch one that I am actively piloting.
This is also happening on my Homeworld.
This is not just happening with vehicles.
It seems to be caused by moving above a certain speed.
I switched to Boz and was experiencing this just by moving on foot.
Boz runs much faster and can jump distances more than my other characters.
If I use him and move quickly across a city I am not able to open the door on my ship or change manufacturing processes at a building until I wait for the server to catch up.
It only seems to happen on world with cities so far, at least homeworlds. Landing and moving around on planets that have nothing on them is perfectly fine.
It might be happening in any system that is on the same server as whatever system is causing the heavy load/lag.
Not sure if it's related, but explosions from vehicles (motorbike, suv) are invisible as well
(02-10-2020, 09:35 PM)Nitro2030ce Wrote: Not sure if it's related, but explosions from vehicles (motorbike, suv) are invisible as well

Wasn't that fixed in 2020-02-06 Explosions, Exploits, Asteroids, Server Lag?
(02-06-2020, 01:46 PM)Haxus Wrote: Explosions
Shot a motor bike and it disappeared instantly, no explosion.

Fixed propagation of explosion effects to client.
I'll blow something up on another world and see what happens

(02-10-2020, 10:00 PM)Nitro2030ce Wrote: I'll blow something up on another world and see what happens
While there is no lag and I can operate, turn on/off and leave vehicles fine, there was still no explosion effect. I don't have any other populated/developed worlds to test more on.

Edit: I should add that even going to a less populated city (on the same world) made no difference
This still happens when you go past a certain speed on my homeworld.