Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Survey Report Incorrect
This was reported on the old forum multiple times too I think.

I have been seeing some systems that have incorrect survey reports. Moons or plants missing, number of planetary rings aren't the same or don't exist, resource qualities not being as promised, etc.

I see this mostly happen to systems that I have surveyed years ago, and then a new player spawn in the system, changing the system seed.

Most of all I would love for new player spawning mechanics to be changed. Even more so with the removal of "join empire at avatar creation", new player spawning has been destroying more and more systems. Anr has also been vocal about this in the past, the galaxy's system seeds are all slowly being changed to new player systems.
Would be nice if a system that existed years ago (and decayed) would still exist now, and not get permanently changed because a new player happened to spawn there. As I stated before I went on a rant, it is causing issues for system surveys.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
It seems like this could be harnessed to regenerate systems endlessly, if you could somehow control where you appeared. I need my sector of all ringworlds.
Without rattling on about the challenges here, I'll just get to the bottom line. This will not be changed.

Mere scanning of systems cannot prevent them from changing. If you care to anchor the contents of a solar system, build something there. Otherwise the system is available for use/reuse by the game, for whatever purpose.
But would there be a way to at least update the report upon system regeneration? Or, even less, add an "outdated" flag to the report? That would solve the main issue Dean reported, which is setting up shop in a system only to notice it's changed.

People sometimes forget to count the planets on arrivalĀ  Rolleyes
Yeah, sorry I kinda went on a rant when posting that.

Also I don't have any examples of incorrect system surveys, but they do exist and need to be fixed.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo