Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Designer Nerf
I propose to nerf the old building and spacecraft designers completely. Existing designs would be unaffected. Existing buildings and spacecraft using old designs would also be unaffected. You just wouldn't be able to enter the old style designers any more.

You already can't enter them using the Launcher. The buttons to launch the stand alone old style designers were removed in the last launcher update.

Does anyone object to removing access to the old style building and spacecraft designers?
No, the new style buildings and spacecraft seem ready in terms of designs. This is assuming no huge changes in the future that will affect the viability of existing designs. It would be helpful to retain access to the old construction and building menus though, for maintenance of existing infrastructure.
No huge changes are planned. There are some loose ends and bugs left but nothing that should break things.
The construction and building menus can remain as long as those buildings still exist.

I just wanted to get rid of the old designer because it would eliminate a bunch of code, maybe reduce my build times a smidgen.
The only-style building designer is at least not used. Only reason to use it is that the mass media building never got that default design I think. ^^;

As for old-style spacecraft designer. I haven't heard about anyone using it in ages.
I seem to be the only one flying around in an old-style spacecraft. And that is just because I haven't felt like trying to design a new-style spacecraft yet.

As for the buttons on the launcher. This is only true for new players, 5crownik007 for example couldn't figure out how to access the offline new-style designer, this was because his launcher version is so old it doesn't have a button for the new-style designer.
I also have an older launcher version that give me access to both. The launcher could use a "new launcher version available" indicator.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Removal of the old style designer is complete. In the next server/client update, the city window at an old style design studio no longer has buttons to enter the spacecraft or building designers.

If you have not updated your launcher recently, you will still have buttons to launch the stand-alone versions of the spacecraft and building designers. Those buttons will now launch the new designer. If you update your launcher, those buttons are gone.

Net loss to the code was 31,338 lines, 2.4% of the total code base.
Press F to pay respects.

Goodbye, old designer.
I know I'm a bit late for this... But I was still using the old designer back when I last played. I just can't seem to be wrap my head around the new designer. I can make some basic exterior shapes. But I just can't do anything else. :P

Hopefully, more people will upload their awesome designs to the blueprint exchange. As that was my primary source for the new designs.
(10-07-2018, 05:31 AM)Norway174 Wrote: I know I'm a bit late for this... But I was still using the old designer back when I last played. I just can't seem to be wrap my head around the new designer. I can make some basic exterior shapes. But I just can't do anything else. :P

Hopefully, more people will upload their awesome designs to the blueprint exchange. As that was my primary source for the new designs.

it really only took me a few days to be able to make a working spacecraft, and buildings are a lot easier. However my buildings don't look as good as some other peoples... I am not that good with the texture wrapper.