Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2023-11-30 Vehicle Entry, Location Desync

The reason I would prefer this forum is because it has the "version number" registration barrier, which keeps out a lot of spam

As far as I know, Steam Forums have literally no requirement to post in any game's forum, and they have a habit of devolving into very hostile places very quickly, especially for very popular games
What even

(12-03-2023, 01:12 AM)Haxus Wrote: Those pictures of a space ship interior are really cool. May I post them on the Steam community forum for Hazeron Starship? I will credit you as the designer.

Or better yet maybe you could post them there.

Thanks! I posted the constitution class stuff right now per your request. Right now the design is unfinished at 93MB. 33MB over the size limit. Any chance you can throw a bone and increase the limit it to 256MB so it can get built? I still have some finishing up work to do yet including the shuttle bay/cargo bay area.

I am curious as to why there are any limits to the designer now that the MMO is gone. Maybe replace the limits with "Warning, this ship may produce lag."

(12-03-2023, 12:29 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: I am curious as to why there are any limits to the designer now that the MMO is gone.  Maybe replace the limits with "Warning, this ship may produce lag."

The funny thing is, that constitution class I'm working on, for me is buttery smooth. Zero lag when in the designer.
That's actually a good idea. The only limit is your computer at that point.

(12-03-2023, 01:19 AM)Haxus Wrote: When it’s time for the next update I will post the changes to the Hazeron Starship community forum on Steam.

That leads me to question why I would continue posting the same information here. This train of thought ultimately leads me to wonder if this forum could be reduced to only the Bug Reports forum.

Any opinions?

Be warned that Steam forums usually are a toxic mess. As an example, Starfield forums were full of trolls and salty threads even days before the official launch.
Now, Hazeron is niche so the usual trolls won't lurk there until some time (if at all).

What could be done (and is actually done by other games) is to post changes here and make a steam update note listing changes and a link to the forum post.

Anyway, you got to decide. Could try steam forums as you proposed and revert to this one if it goes bad.

Thanks for the insight about the Steam forums. It is quite easy to keep things going as they are. I’ll take that suggestion to post changes there with a link to here.

I will raise the size limit for spacecraft.

I have begun work on the NPC emperor. It will be fun.

It sounds like the Steam workshop may have a size limit of 2GB. Other people say there is no limit.

I will remove the size limits entirely. The online game servers needed them for their own memory management. You will be free to overload your computer to your heart’s content.

The game very efficiently reuses the same data for multiple instances of the same blueprints. Even so your computer will eventually hit a wall. Someone once described it as trying to put three pounds of crap in a two pound sack.

Hi! It's good to see so much focus has been dedicated to fixing and progress.

So far, the topic of the current designer's handling has been brought up quite a few times on the Discord server, and it's got me curious: are there any plans to make a simplified room builder for ships and buildings, akin to the old SoH designer, available to the players in the future? As much potential as the current designer has, it feels like the removal of the old system for a more complex one, has created somewhat of a gatekeeping on who is able to create their own designs in the game--while it was common for your average joe to make their own designs (hence making cities and fleets more diverse and organic, and giving every empire/player the possibility to join into that creative process), today sadly it comes down to a minority of players who have the skills, time and patience, to make these designs for the entire playerbase.

Giving players more of an incentive to create, could make the game's creative process more attractive to a lot more players.

The general consensus seems to be that, while meshes for hulls are acceptably easy to import, rooms and the like are simply too tricky to make. Hence, do you reckon a deck-based, old-school tiles system that handles room voids on its own, could be implemented as an alternative means of creating shapes? Or, alternatively, would it be possible from a performance-based standpoint, to get both the old and current designers to coexist, with some adjustments? Adjustments like, for example, removing TL and adjusting size limitations to make both the old and current designers consistent; and possibly, still for consistency's sake, replacing all the manually-placed systems like shield modules and the like in the old system, by a single hull room option that lets you tweak values exactly like in the current designer, except you'd get to draw out the design's allocated space with sliders much like in the new one.