Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Improved Citizen Permissions

Looking forwards to the Steam release, there will be more players in-game than there have been since the free-to-play era, possibly more. I would like to suggest improved permissions for new empire citizens to better promote cooperation and multi-player empires. I've been thinking about what it'd take for me to consider accepting players into the Weltreich empire, and I thought it'd be good to start creating a list.

Some key features that'd make a large difference:
-Limit starmap data to administrative domain. This would prevent sensitive intelligence from leaking out, sort of like varying levels of clearance in the US government.
-Allow the selection of an empire city to spawn at other than the empire capital. Similar to the above, and would allow a starter system to be created. This could be a huge help to new players once custom stories are added, and could contain small starter ships.
-Allow the creation of default permissions for new citizens. This would make things much easier on any top empire officials.
-Define systems/sectors a citizen can access and take possession of empire fleet spacecraft for personal use. This is related to the starter system idea.

I'll add more as I think of them, and discussion on this is encouraged!

Messages In This Thread
Improved Citizen Permissions - by Mr. Mortius - 12-19-2018, 06:14 PM
RE: Improved Citizen Permissions - by Vectorus - 12-19-2018, 06:53 PM
RE: Improved Citizen Permissions - by Phenoix12 - 12-21-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: Improved Citizen Permissions - by Deantwo - 12-21-2018, 07:00 PM
RE: Improved Citizen Permissions - by Ikkir Isth - 12-26-2018, 12:18 AM
RE: Improved Citizen Permissions - by AnrDaemon - 12-26-2018, 09:44 AM