Hazeron Forums
Universe Restart? - Printable Version

+- Hazeron Forums (https://hazeron.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Shores of Hazeron (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Cantina (https://hazeron.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Universe Restart? (/showthread.php?tid=2030)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Universe Restart? - Haxus - 11-09-2019

A proposal has been made to declare Weltreich the undisputed conquerer of the Universe. Then, restart the database.

In the next Universe, the sixth, old style spacecraft will not exist. I also have a short list of changes that must wait until a reset; those would get done.

Does anyone have any strong opposition to restarting?

What things do you think must be fixed at the next restart? I don't mean every bug you know about. I mean what must be fixed before a restart.

Are there any exploits that will allow someone to max out their empire in the first week, like last time?

With this heads up, it would be a good idea for everyone to store their building and spacecraft designs in local .SoH files. You should already be doing this.

RE: Universe Restart? - 5crownik007 - 11-09-2019

I'm fairly indifferent. Right now, my empire is just trying to get materials to build bigger and better spacecraft, try and find a ringworld, and eventually betray Weltreich and be utterly destroyed by them or successfully take over(which won't happen). build seedships to hide inside gas giants in the event of a total empire wipe.

However, I don't see why I couldn't just very quickly redevelop an empire in Universe Six and find new goals. Maybe form a peaceful galactic United Empires Congress...

In fact, maybe I'd like Universe Six as it'd give me an opportunity to re-start my empire and do it correctly this time, rather than have to faff about experimenting for awhile and avoid problems I faced on my first few tries...

Basically, I defer to you. Maybe set a date.

RE: Universe Restart? - Celarious - 11-09-2019

Just wanted to say that I am fully in support of a restart! I think this current one has been running way too long and is far too lopsided, and I can't think of any immediate exploits that I know of

RE: Universe Restart? - Haxus - 11-09-2019

It has been suggested that the time to develop FTL drive patents should be increased a lot. That was the original intent. The time was initially set low to allow established players to get up to speed without penalty.

All patents currently take 5min to run. They can be individually tuned.

RE: Universe Restart? - Minty - 11-09-2019

a reset sounds like fun! i think a lot of people have been waiting for a reset to start playing again. i know i have!

RE: Universe Restart? - Deantwo - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 02:25 AM)Haxus Wrote: It has been suggested that the time to develop FTL drive patents should be increased a lot. That was the original intent. The time was initially set low to allow established players to get up to speed without penalty.

I kinda liked the idea of also locking some patents behind storylines. For example the preon ring could require you to finish the Relic story.
I am sure many of us have a few short story ideas if you need them.
Things like warp-drive and genesis device would probably be good candidates for requiring story unlocks.

Of course players can also just trade the patent between each other or capture any one city from an empire that has it.
See: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=310

Patents serve their purpose though, but they are still confusing and annoying to deal with. Many players still log in for the first time and can't find the gravity-drive patent. We really need a graphical patent view rather than the current manufacturing processes. Also very much needed if patents are gonna get hidden requirements such as story quests.
See: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=458&pid=2054#pid2054

RE: Universe Restart? - RonnSama - 11-09-2019

If we're going to actually reset which I'm fine with, I'd rather it be sooner than later, that's all really. After Weltreich destroying me last night, I'd rather know if rebuilding elsewhere is a waste of time or not.

RE: Universe Restart? - Cousarr - 11-09-2019

• Practically infinite money and resources are still an issue and should be addressed in some way prior to a restart. 
  • More constraints are needed on building and ship designs to prevent people from doing stuff like making excessive polygon counts that crash the game.
                Along these lines, I would recommend putting a cap on number of homes/jobs per building to encourage more complex city building
  • As mentioned by others, tech progression is both too easy and too fast. These should both be fixed rather than fixing just one of these.

RE: Universe Restart? - resonkinetic - 11-09-2019

These are all good suggestions and I am in favor of a reset.

RE: Universe Restart? - AnrDaemon - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 01:24 PM)Cousarr Wrote: [*]Practically infinite money and resources are still an issue and should be addressed in some way prior to a restart. 

Why?

Quote:[*]More constraints are needed on building and ship designs to prevent people from doing stuff like making excessive polygon counts that crash the game.
Is that a change that require a restart?

Quote:Along these lines, I would recommend putting a cap on number of homes/jobs per building to encourage more complex city building
I suggested earlier to make each building more important, but Hazeron instead developed into a completely different direction.

Quote:[*]As mentioned by others, tech progression is both too easy and too fast. These should both be fixed rather than fixing just one of these.
Why?